REASON WHY HAVING A FREE WEB HOSTING IS NOT A GOOD IDEA
The best things in life are free, as the sayings go. But when it comes to online or any kind of business (I don’t think so) this may or may not be true depending upon your needs. Lately, businesses have become more visible because a lot of things on the web operates free via web hosting services which you can easily create website effortlessly. This may sound a great option for people who just want to advertise their company or services online.
Here we’ll take an objective look at the reasons why having a web hosting is not a good option or idea.
- You don’t own your site – Lots of free web hosting attached their company name to your domain; having your website address like this: www.yourwebsite.freewebhosting.com doesn’t look professional, and it is not going to make a great first impression to your target audience.
- Limited Space and bandwidth – Free web hosting hosts thousands of websites sharing the same server. They usually give you limited space for your website data and if you reach that limit, they will ask you to pay for additional storage.
- Limited design and functionality – Some web hosting offers very limited building tools and services, many of them will not allow you to install some platforms such as WordPress.
- Slow website – The fact that these web hosting services shares servers, the impact will be on the loading of your websites. Slow loading of your website also affect your SEO rankings.
- Irrelevant Advertisements – When you use their free web hosting services, you are actually paying and allowing them to place an advertisement on your website. You will have banners and pop-up ads on your homepage or even on other pages. You create and build a website, but they get paid for the ads. Free web hosting is a business and they need to make money out of the websites you have created to remain in the business.
- Security Risk– Your website may be vulnerable to hackers. Some of the free web hosting offer security for premium users only; so don’t be surprised if you’ve become a victim of web-hacking. It is also hard to recover your files because they don’t offer backups for your data. If something went wrong, there is no way for you to restore your data.
- Transferring your site is a hassle – Free service make it difficult and time-consuming to move your site to another domain and sometimes they will only offer this functionality to the premium users. This will lead you to have your account upgraded to premium.
Having a free website is terrible, even if you just want to practice. I know some businesses wish to keep your budget minimal and instead of going to free one, you should get and hire a developer that could help you find the cheapest hosting that offers quality services.
- 0 Comment