The right way to quit a job
There are people who might think that quitting a job is much easier than that of finding a new one. However, that is not the case. There are many companies where quitting a job is much more strenuous than that of joining a fresh one. So, if you are one of them who are looking to quit your current job, then this article is perfect for you as we will discuss some of the Dos and Dont’s while resigning a job.
Best tips to quit your current job
The below summarized are some of the best ways to quit your existing employment.
• Weigh your New Job: If you are pretty sure about your quitting your job, then it is important that you are well aware of the perks of your new job. Thus, comparing the pros and cons of the new job is pretty important while resigning a job. So, be absolutely sure about the wellbeing of your new employment and then proceed.
• Throw an Adequate Notice: Many companies specify a particular notice period of resignation in its appointment letter. So, if you are in one such company it is always advisable to follow the rules to avoid any types of uncanny circumstances. However, if there is no such thing in your company, a period of two weeks is recommended. This will help your employer to get things easily while you leave. In this way, it cannot be obligated to stay with your company for any further.
• Quit Formally: Well if you are in a corporate world then formality is what matters the most. So while resigning from your job it is always advised to do the same in a formal way. This may include a proper resignation letter to your manager and the HR department of your company. These little things help you to get proper references from your existing company.
• Handle your Boss: After all the formalities are almost over, there will be a time when you will have to face your boss. All you need to do here is behave professionally. There will be few clichéd questions asked but deal professionally as you do not have to answer them all. Be sure about your responsibilities and deal with him likewise.
• Ask for Reference: This is one of the most important parts while you are quitting your job. This is due to the fact a reference is one such thing which every company will ask from you. So it is always advised to keep your relations good with the HR team and ask for a reference letter while leaving.
• Go through the details: It is never easy to get accustomed with your new job. That is the reason why it is recommended to go through every single detail of your new company. Check the raise which you are getting, normally a raise of 30% is a minimum to change your existing job; if you are not having any personal issues.
Thus, if are absolutely sure to quit your current employment, then these are some important tips which you might consider to complete your resignation process effortlessly.
- 0 Comment