What is phishing and how to avoid it?
Do not become a victim of phishing attacks. A phishing scam is usually done through emails, websites and phone calls. Cybercriminals can do this by installing malicious scripts to your computer or copying the feel and image of other websites to steal information from you.
Cybercriminals are well known for their grammar and spelling. This morning I saw a screenshot of a very well known bank in the Philippines (BPI) on facebook and I noticed that it is a phishing site, the link they used is http://bpiexpressonline`cc`.com
Here are some basic tips on how to avoid Phishing Scams.
1. Install Antivirus
– Best and licensed antivirus such as Kaspersky, Avast, Avira and AVG Internet Security
2. Avoid Popup
– Some phishing scam involves popup that asks for your information like password and birth date or will ask you to download a file, avoid entering personal data in those popups.
3. Keep a regular check on your account
– Always update your profile by changing your email password on a regular basis and using a unique password for every account.
4. Check your bank details regularly
– To prevent bank phishing and credit card scam, you should personally check your bank statement regularly. If you see any suspicious transaction, report them to your bank provider immediately.
5. Keep your personal data private
– Don`t send your bank account, social media account, and credit card information via email.
- 0 Comment